Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lesson #1 Of being a Stay at Home Mom

Housewife (film)Image via Wikipedia









Well my first lesson as being a stay at home mom is to pace yourself! I treated yesterday like it was my day off. So I felt like it was my only day to get things done. I tried to clean my entire placei, it's not big so it's doesn't take a lot of time. I also detailed the truck and washed it to make sure it was nice and clean for my husband. He stresses when any of the vehicles are pretty dirty, he feels like we're neglecting them (hahaha). Then on top of it I added laundry and all I wanted was to take a nap.

Little did I know that was asking way too much! My husband was pretty much in his own world the whole day and Scout was taking naps at the worst times so I could never lay down and take a nap at the same time. By the time 8:00pm hit I was so tired that I wanted nothing more but to put my little guy to bed and enjoy some quiet alone time. That didn't happen of course, I ended up screwing up dinner and staying up trying to finish the laundry. Once my husband was asleep I finally had some quiet time. I swear I took advantage of it! I ended up taking a nice relaxing bubble bath and I enjoyed a few drinkings, that definitely helped me calm down and realize that for my next day I needed to take it easy and pace myself. I don't have only one day to finish everything I have an entire week. Today has been much better, I've just chilled the entire day and still had time to accomplish things around the house without feeling rushed, it's a pretty awesome experience so far! I hope the rest of this week will be better.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: