Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My first act as a Stay at Home Mom!



So in light of me quitting my job and me becoming a stay at home mother I decided that yesterday was the best day to get my newest tattoo. I did a lot of research for it and tried to find something very special and meaningful to me that would represent how I felt about being a mom. I found this awesome heart and modified it to look like the one I actually got but...this is a symbol of a "Mother's Love" I saw it and knew that it was perfect for what I wanted. I love being blessed to be a mom although it's frustrating at times it's so rewarding and I feel so loved that I wanted to show off my feelings with my new tattoo. So far I am loving it! It catches me off guard becuase this is my first tattoo in a spot where it's visible all the time so it's strange seeing it all the time but I kind of like that too. It allows me to admire it. I won't lie the outline of this hurt pretty bad but then again all outlines for tattoos hurt no matter where you're getting it done. The guy was done though in 20 mins so the pain wasn't too bad. I'm so happy I finally got this tattoo I've been drawing it for a while now and debating on whether or not I wanted to spend the money on it and yesterday I was finally able to do it with 100% confidence that this is what I wanted.

I love getting tattoo's on special occasions and this is definitley one of them. I will forever be able to look at this tattoo and remember the special moment's Scout and I have on a daily basis and how liberating and exciting it is to know that I get to stay at home and be there for him. I hope this tattoo will also help me during those moments of frustration to appreciate this opportunity I'm taking to stay at home with my baby because I just have to remember how sad I was when I did have to shut that door behind me and be out of the house for 8+ hours. Somedays it felt like a lifetime. I'm thrilled to have this daily reminder of my son and my wonderful gift that I get to enjoy him being so little.

No comments: