Friday, September 2, 2011

Accepting The Truth

Recently I have been trying to organize my house. It seems like everything is just thrown into random places and is overflowing. My first project was organizing our linen closet and my next was organizing my clothes! I've been thinking recently that i have way too many clothes in my drawers that I just can't wear anymore. They are either too small or too big. Of course I was keeping the too small clothes around because I know one of these days I'll be able to fit back in them...well it's been 7 1/2 months since my baby was born and I my hips haven't gotten any smaller since I had my son. So I'm accepting the truth that my body has changed and is probably going to look like this for a while. I thought it was going to be hard on me to go through and put away all my "skinny" clothes but it was actually pretty liberating. Now I look in my closet and I don't get sad looking through my clothes because I know now that they are all going to fit me and that I don't have to get my hopes up. I won't lie I did leave one piece of my skinny clothes out that I would like to fit back into just so I have a reminder and motivation to keep working out and to stay in shape.

When I was done cleaning out my closet and dresser drawers I had 2 big bags of clothes that I don't wear. It really makes me appreciate that I even have that many pieces of clothes. I'm going to put them in storage so when I can fit in them I don't have to go shopping...even though I do love to go get me a new outfit.



This red dress is one that I felt so pretty in when it fit that I would like to be able to fit into it again. I'm going to aime to be back in it by my 7 year wedding anniversary. That's in December so I have 3 months to get into better shape and to get rid of my love handles.


I'd feel like a million bucks if I could fit back into this.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: