Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fun & Easy DIY Christmas Gift for Boys



I made these personalize super hero capes for my nephews birthday a few weeks ago.

It was so easy!!! I had some left over fabric. For these 4 years olds half of a yard was perfect. I took the fabric and cut it down the middle. I used a jersey material so I didn't have to worry about the edges and making it look pretty.

The next thing I did was cut out letters I drew by hand. I placed them where I wanted them to be placed and just sewed around the edges.

In order to keep it safe for children to use, I used velcro to create the latch for the neck piece. I took a small strip and sewed it onto one corner and at the end of it I sewed one of the velcro pieces. At the other corner of the cape I sewed the opposite end of the velcro to create the latch. And I was done!

So simple and so easy it took me less then 20 minutes to finish the entire project and I believe that the blue material was less then $6.00. For the letters I used old T-Shirts as scrap material. So that was free! I even had enough material left over I could have made them masks to match, but since it was a surprise I didn't have them there to measure and create the eye holes.

I hope you all like this!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: