Tuesday, January 10, 2012

365 New Things-Day 10- Starting School Again

Today I embarked on a new journey, I started school! I'm a year and a half away from 30 and I am starting from scratch. It's the most nerve racking thing to know that for my 30's I'll be in school.

What makes me the most nervous is that I have to be patient and stick with something that is going to be hard and time consuming. I am the type of person that just gives up if a goal of mine gets to tough or seems like it's going to take me longer than I had hoped for. Thankfully I am going into this with the mindset of "Be Patient". I had originally signed up for 4 classes but I realized that my first priority is to be a mom not a student. Once I figured that out I was able to drop 2 classes and be ok with the fact that this journey is going to be like having a child. I can't just give up when it gets tough and I have to stick with this until I have reached my PhD.!

The thought of beign a PhD is amazing to me. It's something that I never thought was possible and now I feel like I can accomplish anything...all I need is the time.

My first day of class went awesome, I had to start at pre-algebra math and it is something I'm so scared of. Math is something that I have never really gotten the conscept of and I feel like now I can start from square one and really understand what everyone was talking about. My teacher is fantastic...so far. I think this is going to be really good. I'm already learning so much. I can't to learn more.

No comments: