Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Money Stress


These days as it winds down to me getting closer and closer to being done working I am slowing feeling the stress of money creep up. Marc and I have planned out the next 6 months of finances and are prepared for me not to be working but I can't help to feel like money is all I'm seeing in this transition and how it's going to be an added stress.

Money is already a topic in our relationship that I tend to focus on more then my husband. I think that's usually how it goes, one person stresses while the other doesn't see the importance of it. I have had to tell myself numerous times that money is just an object that only has the value we give it. In my eyes I see that if we have money then we have more then most and are truly blessed with what we have but I also see that if we lose it or run out of it then all the comforts we enjoy have to go out the window. We've already done some major cutting back to save money, for example we have NO cable and watch t.v. from an antenna and we watch any of the shows we miss on hulu for free. We hardly ever go to the movies instead we just wait for it to go to the red box and rent it for a dollar. I love red box!!!

Do you ever feel though that when making these major life changes that's when money issues are thrown at you? I sure do! I feel that once we've made this decision for me to leave work we've just had one thing come up after the next. I know that's just the big waves before the calm and I'm grateful that I have a peace of mind knowing that this is the right choice...but I can't help but be scared and nervous.

I hate how money has this hold on me. Does anyone else feel the same way?


I feel like this zebra somedays. Not sure what's going on...only thing I can think of happening is stress.

1 comment:

MaKell Bulloch said...

I tend to feel that way when my hubby starts a new rotation. The hours he will have to work freaks me out or when I am asked to do a task that I think is much bigger than my "bubble" of safety. If you have peace in your heart and knowing that this is the right decision then you just put all your trust in God and let him take that heavy "stress" burden off your shoulders. I especially get that way when we move and I have to start all over making new friends and getting my schedule. But God always has a better plan and a reason for our peace in our choices! I support you completely in this decision