Monday, September 19, 2011

Crafty Week-Wall Decoration

This week I am going to show more of my crafty side. The first project I'd like to show is what I did as a wedding present for a friend of mine.

I was looking on other people's blogs and I found something similar to this but I customized it to what my friend likes and what she wanted for her house. She loves the color red and the Fleur DE Li's. So after showing her what I thought of she was ecstatic about the idea and I was happy that I got to give her something unique and something that she'd actually want to hang in her house.


This was everything I used. I found an old sign at the DI for $2.00 and I also found the picture frames at the DI for .75 each. I found the drawer knobs for $2.50 each at Hobby Lobby. Then I bought the spray paint for $4.00 at Wal-Mart. Then of course the photos were just the cost to print them. Since I took them myself.


I mapped out where I wanted the drawer knobs to be before I painted it with pencil and marked the place where the holes needed to be drilled.



I spray painted the wood and the frames



I added the drawer knobs where I had drilled the holes


Here is the finished product! The pictures I took myself and took them of the temple they got married in. This was it would be of sentimental value as well.



No comments: