Sunday, September 18, 2011

What Do You Want To Be You Grow Up?

I've been asking myself this question a lot in the past year. I have come up with a wide range of possibilities for myself. Literally it went from an Iphone app developer to a web and graphic design to blogging to nursing to midwife and now onto biology and neuroscience.

After spending so much time contemplating what I really want to do with my life I finally learned the questions I had to ask myself.

*How much time am I going to have to spend away from my family?
*Could I work at home or would I have to be gone all the time?
*How long with this career entertain me? (I get bored easily)
*How much schooling will I have to go through?
*How much money can I make, enough to support my family?
*Will I enjoy it? Will this make me happy?
*Will I feel like I have accomplished something with my life?

I noticed that the money question was really steering me in my decision and when I stopped thinking about that and focused mainly on the first and last 2 questions I looked into what I really wanted to do and what truly interests me.

I'm set on getting my associates in Biology and then I hope to move onto a bachelors in Neuroscience so I can get my masters and then my PhD. My goal is to help people through research and hopefully finding ways to help minimize pain involved in neurological disorders, such as MS. Plus I can teach at a university level which is something I have always wanted to do!

I wanted to become a professional blogger but I honestly don't feel like I have anything that really interests people. I'm not crafty all the time and when I do get a chance to blog it's about my life and who's seriously interested in reading about me and my family. I'll continue to blog who knows what will come out of it, maybe I can help just one person and that would be comforting for me.

I've already looked into the schools and the community college here has an associates in biology so I'm hoping I can get some classes transferred and get started on that this Spring semester.

No comments: