Tuesday, January 3, 2012

365 New Things-Day 3

Today was my first day with my new diet. I tried the meals they suggested, despite the fact that some of them sounded nasty. For my breakfast I made 1 whole egg, 1 egg white and I mixed it in refried beans. On the side I had green beans. The meal.plan calls for mixed veggies with the egg but I can't imagine any veggies going with eggs & beans. So I did what I could think of. The breakfast was actually really good. I have a picture...but I will have to upload it tomorrow since I'm using my phone and I just learned I can't upload pictures from my phone.

For lunch I ate grilled chicken with cajun seasonings, put that on top of black beans and corn. ( I know corn is not listed but I forgot to buy lettuce so I went with what looked good. I added some of my favorite hot sauce, Tapatio, and I couldn't believe how good it was. In fact it was so good I made the same thing for dinner I just added refried beans to the mix to help me stay full longer. I seemed to be getting hungry between meals so if I just couldn't wait any longer for food I had a portion of veggies prepped and ready.

Overall I am thrilled with all my new experimental meals. I'm looking forward to trying new ones tomorrow!

I also learned something pretty exciting today but i'll wait and share that later.

No comments: