Thursday, January 5, 2012

365 New Things-Day 5

My husband and I are trying to have another baby and I have been doing alot of research on the possiblity of delivering the next baby naturally. My first child I had to have an emergency C-Section because he pushed the umblicial chord out before he was and that is potentially a very dangerous situation. So I have done some research on having a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) and I have learned that it can be a tricky scenario. Most people don't advise it and I have to see if my doctor would be willing to see me with that plan in mind.

Hearing that it has kind of discuraged me. However, there is an option to have what's called a trial of labor where I could go into labor naturally and if there becomes any issue then I would have to have another C-section. Now don't get me wrong I don't think there is anything bad with C-sections. It's just that with my first son I had to be put all the way under so I missed the entire birth. I still haven't gotten over that. It makes me sad at time when I think about it but then I look at him and I'm glad he's here. That moment of giving birth is what I was so anxious and excited for and I feel like I ran the marathon and didn't get to cross the finish line. I would love to have that opportunity to have that experience. I just have to remember though that if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be...I just hope it's meant to be. Now to get pregnant and ask my doctor ;)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: